The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Monday, April 23, 2007

PS TO THE LAST ENTRY

Something possessed me to re-read my last entry, and I realized that even though I am generally an able multi-tasker, I can not type my blog entries and do other things at the same time. I realized that my second paragraph was not sufficiently clear, and that my married friends might interpret the rest of the entry as personal attack on their own married lives. Girls and guys, nothing could be further from the truth! All my inferences actually come from people whom I try to avoid as much as possible and sometimes even succeed; but even unsociable people like yours truly usually know more people when they want to, especially when you live and work in the big city and slowly advance in years. I might be an angry witch, but jealousy was never one of my sins, and I do not envy my married friends their happiness or feel bitter about the fact that they found somebody and I didn't.

One of my readers, Maria Lokhankin, has pointed out that in her personal opinion, sometimes you get a Mr. Darcy and end up wishing you'd have married Mr. Bingley instead. I think what she meant was that you marry an almost perfect guy and end up wishing for an easy-going dude next door. A very valid point, because being with a nearly perfect anybody is a very daunting and exhausting task. My point was that a dude with strong character is soooo much better and more desirable than somebody who is friendly and easy going but can't keep his loyalty.

On this note, Hurray to marriage and the pursuit of happiness, in whatever form we hope to acquire it!

3 comments:

M_Lokhankin said...

Actually what I meant to say was that you think you are marrying Mr. Almost Perfect (since nobody is), but after a while you would be lucky if he's only a little bit of a damaged goods. And sometimes it takes a long time (or maybe people change) to realize that he is Mr. Very Imperfect, if not Mr. Nightmare. Again, not a reflection on Vasisualiy, just an observation of my own.

But a good point, being married to a perfect guy is a very, very exhausting life. But most of us don't have to worry about this, since the vast majority of guys are far from perfect. Yay to settling for Mr. Good since those don't come by so often either.

M_Lokhankin said...

hmm what? Could you be a little more specific?

Moish said...

i just have my own views on marriage (which i will keep offline), hence hmm is the best i can do here :)
even for Maria