The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

WHAT'S IN A NAME?

Allow me to start by reinforcing once again that, when the push comes to shove, I am a pushover (sheesh, another jumble of cliches). I am way not eighteen anymore, but no amount of life experiences, hard lessons, or self-imposed assertiveness training had ever helped me. Having said that, here is the following amusing vignette from my life.

One of my co-workers got into the habit of "buying" stamps from me and not paying for them later. She would not have correct change at the time, and then it would just slip her mind. I am sure she was not doing it intentionally; the amount was just so not important to her that she would simply forget about it. The truth to be told, I probably would have let it slide if she then did not request petty cash for some minor purchases for the office, which equaled roughly what she owed me for the stamps. At this point I got a bit peeved. It was a matter of principle for her to collect insignificant amounts owed to her, but Barb should provide her with free stamps, which represent not only amount, but the effort to get them too.

Why I am telling this idiotic story about pettiness? Well, a couple of weeks ago she came to me for the stamp again. At this point I decided to have some passive aggressive fun. I told her that she is welcome to have it, but I only got "Reagan" stamps. She shrugged her shoulders, mumbled something incoherent, then politely refused and went back to her desk.

My hat off to you, Mr. President! Three years after you departed this world for the World of Truth, your name still gives the lefties acute indigestion!

1 comment:

SubWife said...

hehehe. serves her right (I think I just made another pun, hehe...)