The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Sunday, July 02, 2017

NUMBER 600

Wow, this is post number 600 to this blog - I feel sorta accomplished.  As it is customary by now, I am dedicating this entry to someone special.

That extra special person is my youngest niece - who was born almost three years ago!  (OK, I am a disorganized person with OCD - go figure).

She was born on a very interesting night: the night her hometown of Ramat Bet Shemesh got the first (but not the last) siren of the Operation Protective Edge - speaking of interesting times.  She is the second member of our family to be born in the Holy Land - and therefore would be called Sabra Two on these here pages (although initially, I dubbed her Raisinette).

She is the spitting image of the baby pictures of her mother - as well as mine (genetics is a funny field).  She has a mop of fluffy, curly hair, and she wears the elegant outfits inherited from her oldest sister with panache.  She communicates in the flawless mixture of English and Hebrew.  She knows what she wants, and she is fearless in trying to get it.

She grows far, far away from me, and I miss her every day.


No comments: