The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Thursday, March 14, 2013

MORNING UPDATE - MARCH 14

Good Morning, peeps! Happy Thursday! The weather is once again cold and yucky - but, thank Gd, it's not pouring rain. So, I think my flippies would rest today. George, after wrestling back the control of the cat house, decided to organize my desk by ruffling, scratching, and nibbling my papers. He is also playing my secretary by answering the phone - he nibbles on the base and then head-butts the receiver. Sniffles is still lording over the food bowl - George, your work is not done yet. Congratulations to Catholics everywhere - they finally have a new Pope! Still don't understand why the rest of the world was so bloody involved in it. The new Pope is the first "hispanic" - I guess Vatican decided to follow our august example and become pc trend-setters. He is also a first Jesuit to become a Pope - well, counter-reformation is not much of an issue anymore, although I keep thinking about the fate of a certain French writer whose books I enjoyed as a teenager. Big Bang Theory is trending at #1 right now - it looks like the cast was celebrating their success. Well, good luck to them. Amanda Bynes is trending at # 6 because she showed off her new cheek piercing - um, why is this news? Because she was not involved in a car crash, but merely self-mutilation? At #8 - Medieval knight was found underneath car park in Edinburgh - what is it with this island and burial places under garages? Hopefully, next they will unearth some more courage and national pride, throw out the muslims, and put the English flag over Heathrow once more - yea, a girl can dream. Our graceful and classy first lady is dancing all over the place, moving her feet, shaking her money-maker - you get the picture (don't curse me, I am just the messenger). All this to promote her exercise part of the Let's Move initiate - oh, parteigenosse Michelle! How did we manage to eat, move, breathe, live before your kind and gentle tutelage? Kate Middleton is preparing for the arrival of her baby by having yoga instructor visiting her once a week and ordering parenting books on Amazon - I wonder if she got What to Expect When You Are Expecting? And surprising twist in the Bieber news - Olivia Wilde is afraid that after Bieber's fans "dissed" him, her fans would do the same to her. Ah, the trials and tribulations of being an overpaid celebrity! Coffee this morning in my funky glass Cappuccino mug.

No comments: