The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

JUST WONDERING (AGAIN)

Last night I tried to read the report on the latest atrocity committed by the members of the religion of peace on the Arutz Sheva website. I did not go far: I got chocked up by the time I read that one of the rockets scored a direct hit into the children's clinic; I simply could not go on.

This morning I decided to "google" the media reports on this: partly out of masochistic curiosity, but mostly because, according to my sis, very few news agencies covered it. My search did not disappoint me in a sense that I scored very few hits, most of them, unsurprisingly, Jewish sources. Out of more masochistic curiosity I decided to sample a few non-Jewish ones.

Of course, I was not disappointed again. No mentioning of the fact that the attack originated from a place that was populated by Jews before "disengagement", very sketchy mentioning of the fact that the rocket went into a busy mall, even sketchier mentioning of the clinic, and no mentioning of the fact that it was a children's clinic. Very grudging reports of the injuries; only one site reported that a woman and her daughter were both critically injured in the head, may G-d help them in his infinite Mercy. And, most importantly, this: "militant" group Hamas took responsibility for the attack.

Here is the definition of "militant" I just got off Webster's: "1. Engaged in warfare of combat. 2. Aggressively active (as in a cause)". Mind you, this is the on-line Webster's, not some dog-eared copy from the fifties, so, it is definitely updated for political correctness. So, dear honest, non-biased, politically correct journalists, could you please explain to me: are those poor, abused Palestinians engaged in the "warfare or combat" against Jewish mothers taking their kiddies to the clinic, or are they just "aggressively active" in their cause?

Ah, heck, do not bother. Enjoy your lives free of "almost" daily missile attacks. Just remember one thing: a jackal by any other name is still a jackal; and one day it will be you taking your child to the clinic which will be caught in their "aggressive activity".

Master of the Universe, please protect your children in the Holy Land and grant speedy recovery to all the injured! Amen!.

2 comments:

SubWife said...

Did you hear what Bush said in Knesset? I wonder it will have any long-term consequenses, or it just a nice rhetoric. After his speech (we caught it live on Thursday, I believe), I wanted to forgive him almost all of his screw-ups of the past eight years.

And Hamas? I say it's time for another fight between them and Fatah. Any tall building left in Gaza?

Barb Chansky said...

Unfortunately, I only got the gist of what Bush said, but I second your sentiment whole-heartedly!
I am not sure about any tall buildings in Gaza, but hear, hear!