The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A MOMENT OF UNHOLY GLEE

Last week, about half an hour before I left work, I have decided to open the Net for the last minute check up of my e-mails and library account. That was when I experienced the moment of unholy glee when I saw one of the new headlines staring me boldly in the face: "Biofuel is a crime against humanity!" (according to some UN experts and studies).

Oh, really? Now you have realized it? Of course, by themselves both the UN and the entire environmental movement are crimes agings humanity, so, obviously, anything they cook up will follow suit. Unfortunately, united or separated, they will not simply kiss or kill each other, depending on the mood; everyone else is caught in the flying feathers. None the less, savor the moment I definitely did.

1 comment:

SubWife said...

I think there's nothing inherently wrong with trying to preserve environment. After all, we have been living like pigs without much consideration for consequences and effects of our living on the environment. On the other hand, extremists of any color and political views are dangerous. And once again, one always needs to ask themselves: who is sponsoring their efforts? Many times true motivation or influence could be deduced from their contributors' list.