The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

JEWISH STUBBORNESS

Mine Me and Mini Not Me were very much looking forward to their "vacashun", and by all accounts enjoyed themselves. Unfortunately, they also came home sick.

Last night I finally got a chance to see them and am very happy to report that I was greeted with exuberance from across the street and hugs and kisses upon more solid contact.

Being that they were still on Arizona time, we undertook a little evening constitutional. Poor Mini Me was pretty much under the weather and could only be coaxed to eat a piece of toast immediately before our departure. Lo and behold, about twenty minutes into our promenade she all of the sudden demanded to be taken to Dunkin' Donuts. I followed my gut feeling, which told me it was not a good idea to take her there at this point in the game. Mommy was also consulted for final decision (and also for the truthfulness of my subsequent statements).

Anyway, Golden Delicious was informed that it was too late to go to DD since they were closed. "No, they are not!" "But I just spoke with Mommy, and she told me they are closed". "No, they are open!" This went on for about a minute. Finally I foolishly impersonated my own parents and asked her if a little birdie told her that DD is still open. "Yes" was an immediate and direct response. "Really? What was birdie’s name?" A very short silence with eyes looking straight at me was followed by a very resolute answer "Pigeon!"

Basically, the remaining forty or so minutes of our constitutional were periodically interspersed with her assurances that even though neighborhood pizza that we just passed was closed, DD is open, and my responses that Pigeon was wrong and Mommy told me that it was closed. When I finally surrendered them to my tired looking sibling, this was my opening gambit: "Mommy, could you imagine this? A birdie named Pigeon misinformed us and told us that Dunkin' Donuts were still open!"

3 comments:

Sally Hazel said...

"Grin"

Ookamikun said...

You totally misunderstood what she said. She meant Pidgin, not Pigeon. You see, she IM'd her friend using Pidgin and was told that DD is in fact open.

La Poutine Cachere said...

Pigeon!

BAAAAHHHHHH-HHHHHAAAAAAAA. I so wish I was a fly on the wall for that walk, let me tell you.