The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Sunday, July 21, 2013

MORNING UPDATE - JULY 21

Good Morning, peeps! Happy Sunday! Shavua Tov! Wishing all of you a fantastic week! The heat wave is supposedly broken, and our temperatures are only in the 80s with haze and humidity remaining - gee, where is my woolen coat?! 
As usual, there are the infomercials for Guthy Renker on TV - at one point both channels 2 and 3 were both showing the same one at the same time; it was fun flipping them on the remote back and forth. Then, of course, there were infomercials for juicers and such, plus one for Sensa - very timely (insert sarcasm). And now channel 111 is showing Not Without My Daughter - how in blazes is this movie still allowed in the age of Hussein is a mystery to me.
George decided to sleep on the window sill he previously did not use for this activity. In the morning both of them jumped on my bed to snuggle and spent a surprising 2 hours without fighting. Now Sniff is back on my bed sleeping, and George is sleeping on another window sill - right in front of me. Yesterday they both participated in one of their favorite activities - chewing my blanket.
Royal Baby is currently trending at #1 - but there are no definite news, just speculations. Good luck, Kate! Keep hiding in your parents' house - that is the best choice for you now!
Jay Z is trending at #6 because he and his lady fair Beyonce attended a Trayvon Martin rally in New York - you know what, I changed my opinion. Not only any self-respecting "white" person should boycott these two and their so-called art, but any self-respecting American, no matter their race.
It turns out that today is National Ice Cream Day - yippee! Carvel, here I come!
Christina Aguilera is in the news for 2 reasons: she tripped in "sky-high" heels outside a Hollywood club, and she was pronounced the worst singer of the National Anthem - and both of them are, of course, of equal importance. Well, heels might be attributed to stupidity, but the Anthem - you have to love the country, and not just have a good voice, in order to truly perform it well.
And, finally, Selena Gomez is convinced that "Justin Bieber is 'The One'" - and that is after boasting on Letterman that she made him cry! Wow, you two deserve each other - and some enterprising psychiatrist can make a fortune on your combined craziness.
Coffee this morning in my black glass from Target.

No comments: