The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

HELLO

I am actually very new to the art of Internet journals. Even when I was a teenager, I did not keep a diary or a journal. I mean, I tried, but then I found out that when you are in a grip of a very strong emotion, you yearn to put it on paper, but later on you are actually embarrassed to read it. So instead I kept a notebook where I wrote down all the quotes from my numerous reading material that gripped me or made a serious impression. Thanks to USSR's border patrol, I do not have that notebook anymore, along with a lot of other possessions that may be junk for me now, but were precious at the time. I hope they got the pox (the KGB and the border patrol, not my poor notebooks).

Still, there is something very healing in the ability to actually put down your thoughts in writing. So, my second attempt came later in life (in my late 20s) when something went terribly wrong in my life, and my wonderful existence started to crack and crumble around me. I picked up a journal again, but this time all I did was to write down my opinion about the books I read or the movies I saw. That was pretty healing for my battered emotions, and I continue to do it till this very day.

The problem is (according to my psychoanalytically inclined siblings), I still have a lot to express, and, since I only socialize with select few (the above mentioned siblings being first on the list), those few end up hearing everything I have to say at the moment ( and they may not necessarily be in the mood to hear my rants at that particular time). So, my wise and practical sister came up with a solution: I should start a blog. My humble self felt the need to point out that very few people I know feel like listening to me for a very long time, so, why should strangers? To which she replied that I never know - they may be a lot of people out there who feel the same way I do, and they may actually enjoy my virtual rants (or think I am weird, which most people think anyway). So, after long and painful deliberation, ta da!! Here comes my blog!!! My thoughts (and rants) are being sent into the cyber void. Hello, void!

1 comment:

Enthusiastic reader said...

Very Proud of you! Keep writing!!!!!