The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Thursday, September 06, 2007

STRANGE...

My sister was very touched by the fact that I have dedicated an entry to the day I have spent with her daughter; and then she asked me if I have seen her latest e-mail signature. Since we basically see each other at least every other day, e-mailing became superfluous, so, obviously, I did not. So, she sent me a very short hello, and I had the stupidity of opening it at work. Thank G-d nobody saw me at that moment! I started grinning like an idiot and couldn't stop laughing for a few minutes. Guess what the signature said? "I am a proud sister of a blogger! Visit (this blog's address)"!

What makes it strange and very funny is the fact that I started the whole blog after her consistent nagging, because she was getting a bit tired of listening to my tirades, ravings, and reminiscences, as I have explained earlier. Of course, she still has to listen to most of my stories, not just read them:) One evening, when I did not make my scheduled appearance at her house, my brother-in-law got upset, claiming that I always tell "kol minei sipurim" and make her happy. Go figure...

I also remembered again how much I miss my oldest roommate. Nobody complains about my cleaning habits, missing papers, or the way I look in the morning right before I leave the house. Nobody programs the coffee maker in the evening, or cuts my hair at 11 pm, or buys me clothes at strange places like Annie Sez; no one to nag about my unflattering hairdo, or my nose stuck in a book and my "uhu" responses while I am reading. No one to surreptitiously shut down the AC during the night or to drag me to every single street fair every single Sunday for the whole summer because we were looking for a silver ring in a specific pattern for five bucks when everyone had it for six...I really miss you, sis!

2 comments:

M_Lokhankin said...

ok, ok, have it your way and ruin my eyesight. It is your blog after all, so you should be able to use any color you want; otherwise, the terrorists have one, right?

Sally Hazel said...

THe first thought that occured to me as soon as the page opened was "yea, this color should definitely join the pink..."
But (after highlighting your composition) overall, I'm very very touched! just keep writing, my good friend!