The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Tuesday, January 04, 2022

FACEBOOK ADVENTURES, Part 1

I decided to try and document some of the more “amusing” stuff that routinely happens to me whenever I try to, erm, dialogue with the other side (otherwise known as THE DERANGED LEFT) on social media.  This is part one. 


There is a page on Facebook called Weird History; I honestly don’t know why I still follow it - because for every post that is actually interesting, educational, or inspired, they manage to produce about ten that amount to no more than left-wing propaganda, the bashing of the whities, the reaffirmation of the hate towards the West (especially the USA), and the mocking of anything remotely related to Christianity (and, of course, Judaism - for company).


About a week ago they, once again, decided to demonstrate how stupid an average American is by posting some kind of kookie exchange relating to the origins of the “Arabic” numerals.  I had a lot to say on that post, but all I did was point out that they are Indian numerals, not Arabic - and the floodgates opened….


They were the usual emoticon reactions to my utterance - likes from people who probably had the same opinion, smiley faces from a bunch of people who thought that I was an idiot (unsurprisingly, a lot of them had Arab- and Jewish- sounding last names), and hearts from people who, I guess, applauded my daring (also, some of them had last names like Patel and Singh, so, I assume that they were duly grateful for my defense of the honor of their people and their homeland).  Of course, it did not stop at emoticons - I got the usual barrage of comments that called into question my mental acuity, my education (and the possible lack of such), my familiarity with people and cultures different from mine, my level of tolerance, etc, etc, etc, etc.  Obviously, my subsequent comment pointing out the fact of Arabs invading huge swaths of land, and claiming credit for scientific discoveries of superior cultures that they subjugated and forced into Islam produced the expected steam coming from all the orifices of the tolerant Left, who long ago accepted as fact that only Europeans ever waged the wars of conquest - and the rest is just hateful propaganda.


But forget all this - the best was the following exchange: one of the snooty comments directed at me claimed that “someone never visited Saudi Arabia, and it shows.”  I assume that you have to go there in order to appreciate the superior intelligence of Arabs, and also get confirmation that they, and not Indians, invented the blessed numerals?  Anyway, I politely pointed out to that genius that, as a Jew, I can’t really sojourn to the exotic lands of Saudis, woe on my head!  The response? “Well, how was I supposed to know that you are a Jew?!! Simmer down there, Karen!”  The love for Arabs is so great that their intolerance and anti-Semitism are completely forgotten!  That self-proclaimed defender of human rights finds it A-OK for Jews not to be allowed into a whole bunch of countries populated by the enlightened and oh-so-brilliant Arabs!  While telling me off, the possibility of my not being allowed to travel into those holy lands doesn’t even enter this extra educated mind!  The usual sensitivity to the persecuted minorities is never afforded us, but I am a “Karen” (incidentally, I really hate this racist epithet!) for pointing it out!  Curtains….


No comments: