The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Thursday, July 03, 2008

A LESSON FROM JOB

(Even if you think Old Testament is a Work of Fiction)

I do not think there is much need to retell the latest atrocity committed in Jerusalem by another member of the religion of peace. As always, all the facts are evident and available for everyone who wants to know the truth. Also as always, the honest and courageous members of the liberal press did not disappoint in their honest and courageous reporting of this particular "episode".

I know that I am preaching into the thin air, but, since the main purpose of this blog was to get things off my chest, here goes. According to Wikipedia, even though Edmund Burke was credited with the famous quote "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing", it does not appear in the letter it was supposed to be, so, it's not his. For me, even if it does not appear in that particular letter, I am sure that that worthy individual said it at least once, and definitely felt it. As for origins, I am sure it first appeared in one of our texts, but either got lost in translation, or, most importantly, we were deliberately denied credit somewhere along the line. Anyway, on with my ramblings.

There is another story that appears in our texts. When Pharaoh decided to kill all the newborn Jewish boys, he presented the facts and the possible solution to his advisers. One of them, Job, just said nothing. He did not advise Pharaoh for this particular course of action; he just stood there and said nothing. What happened to him later on is described in something known to general public as Old Testament, and, as I mentioned before, once it was a mark of educated individual to be familiar with that particular text.

So, my dear respected members of the liberal press. I know that for you Old Testament is the work of fiction written by some long forgotten individuals; and, whatever lessons we can learn from it are obsolete, or worse, promote the agenda of the religiously confused dead white males. So be it. Moreover, whatever Burke said, or supposed to have said, is anathema to you, since he is considered the forerunner of the modern conservative movement. Be that as it may, smart people devise lessons from all around them, be it friendly or not. So, just take at least a cursory study of the above mentioned; especially considering the fact that calling you "good men" (or women) is very, very debatable.

No comments: