The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Friday, June 21, 2013

MORNING UPDATE - JUNE 20

Good Morning, peeps! Happy Thursday! The weather rocks! Yesterday Sniff was guarding the defrosting chicken without an attempt to eat it, and then both he and George ignored the schnitzels - spoiled American cats! :) This morning George came in to snuggle (without the feline grooming), and Sniff was meowed at by a passing girl while he was peacefully sitting on the window sill, enjoying the sun, and guarding iced tea.
Ina was doing Greek stuff, which did not sound promising as I don't like either feta or lamb; Melissa was doing pickled veggies and pizza on the grill - which did sound promising (although my grill is for meat).
The national preoccupation with spying produced some interesting results - yesterday I got a detailed letter from the bank explaining to me with whom do they share my information and why. Also, according to FB, I have 8 people "following" me, but when I click on the info, I only get 6 people. Who are the other 2?
Arnold Schwarzenegger is signed up for Terminator 5 - can Terminators get old?
Candy Crash Saga is currently trending at #1 - why?!
Dunkin Donuts are trending at #4 because they don't want to be "just a donut company" - how about just teaching your employees to brew a decent coffee for a change, never mind understanding and speaking English?
Maria Menounos is trending at #5 because she was "sporting" a black bikini on the beach in Greece; and Mariah Carey was also "flaunts trendy, barely there beachwear" - who is with me to sport and flaunt bathing suits on the local beach?
Gisele Bundchen is trending at #7 because she was doing yoga with her daughter - aw, how sweet! I hope the whole exercise was conducted with minimum carbon footprints.
PACE and Polytech are on the list of the most underrated colleges in America - interesting.
Among the 20 things that are supposed to make women happy I barely found 4 that make me happy - which, once again, proves my point - I am not that feminine. Also, one of the things was "being asked for a date" - spare me!
List of celebrities who "made fortunes off their baby photos" - and here I thought they could not sink lower.
Miley Cyrus had an "icky" job when she was a kid - she and her brother used to collect panties and bras off the stage after their father's concerts. Aw, how nice! No wonder she turned out so well-adjusted.
Brad Pitt has an "unusual" talent - he can yodel. I guess it's much more usual than common decency.
Coffee this morning in my San Fran latte mug.

No comments: