The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Monday, January 26, 2015

MORNING UPDATE - January 16, 2014

Good Morning, peeps! Happy Thursday! Happy Tu B'Shevat! The weather is OK - thankfully, still above freezing with no horrendous winds. As always, Sniff was the only one greeting me last night - as the other two occupants of the place were sleeping. Of course, George knows that precise moment of me trying to become one with the bed, and always comes asking to be petted. Right now Sniff is trying to figure out the secrets of the olive oil container. 
Yesterday a woman came to my station demanding to help her locate a book - "it's not a children's book, but I need you to help me find it". After I told her that it's a self-help book, and she should go to the 3rd floor, she asked me how to get there. Considering that she just got off the up escalator, and the elevators were within view, I think this woman was beyond self-help, or any kind of help; and I am also sure that she is a registered Democrat.
The new details about Benghazi are out, but they are not anywhere close to the top ten trending now.
Trending at #1 is Acetaminophen - due to another warning from the FDA. Thank you, dear FDA, for thinking about me, but I prefer Ibuprofen.
Trending at #4 is Prince Harry - who was "spotted" on a "low key date" with Cressida Bonas, "putting the rumors about they split to rest". Fascinating, what can I say; at least they were both dressed.
Trending at #8 is Jennifer Lopez - because she is "unsure" if she will ever get married again. Why is this of interest to anyone not connected to bridal mags is beyond me.
"10 must-haves for a luxurious kitchen" - first give me a luxurious kitchen, then I'll decide myself what the must-haves would be there; and, no, eco-friendly flooring would not be one of them.
In the past 3 years, FB became "uncool" among teenagers - could have fooled me.
"The tax form many people are afraid to get" - only one tax form?!!
"Justin Bieber's security video key to cracking egg caper" - gee, you don't say!
And, finally, Kate got a birthday celebration she wanted - she had a "quite" dinner at home with her family.
Coffee this morning in my personalized mug from WB Times Square store - man, do I miss that place!

No comments: