The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Thursday, April 18, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SISTER!


My dear sis!

Once again we are an ocean and half a continent apart on your birthday – and once again I am hoping against hope that this is the last time.

What can I say? I miss you! I miss the roommate who had a totally different thermostat than mine and whose OCD sharply clashed with mine. I miss the shopping guru who bought most of my clothes (the majority of which always turned out to be pink), and who made trips to department stores less of an ordeal. I miss my stylist, my make up artist, and my hairdresser. I miss my roaming companion who once insisted on hitting every single street fair for an entire summer just to get a specific silver ring for five bucks instead of six. I miss my OT who showed me all the useful stretches and hand exercises. I miss my coffee junkie buddy, a fellow Trekkie, and Harry Potter/Bridget Jones/Scarlet Pimpernel addict. I miss my dinners out companion who always complained about my very slow consumption and long stories. I miss my vacation friend who always walked in front of me with much bigger speed.

I miss my sister, my confidant, and my best friend!  I miss you tons, baby sis! Happy Birthday and many happy returns!   

Your loving older sister 

No comments: