The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

TRIP TO TARGET


Tonight I finally made it to my all time favorite non-food store – Target. Here are some interesting vignettes from my trip:

  1. If you start mentally adding the value of items already in your shopping cart, you will end up leaving the store with 5 bags instead of 10.
  1. I am totally justified in never, never, ever picking up the item from the top of the pile, as observed and smelled 3 barbarians trying (and not buying) a whole bunch of air fresheners.
  1. Was hoping against hope to get some snazzy flippies – and, as always, was disappointed. Not only are all of their flip-flops expensive, but they either are completely flat or too high. Also, they were having a silly sale ridiculously called “ladies love flip-flops”, where they discounted every pair of those by 99 cents – give me a break, Target!
  1. And, finally, a sign of old age – you are beating yourself up for not getting a set of kitchen towels you admired for about half a year (and now they are gone). Kitchen towels, for pete's sake!

No comments: