The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Monday, May 05, 2008

INTERESTING TOURIST ATTRACTION

Few weeks ago I have stopped in one of the local hotels to peruse the latest crop of tourist brochures (yes, I actually do that). Anyway, one of the little brochures not only attracted my attention, but produced tons of laughter. Apparently, now visitors to our fair city can treat themselves to "daily walking tours (Sunday through Friday): your window to authentic Chassidic life (Kosher NY Deli lunch included)".

According to the brochure, "Now everyone can experience 3,300 years of history, heritage and tradition in only 3 hours!" Tour begins "only 35 minutes from Times Square" via #3 train to Kingston Avenue. You get a "friendly, Chassidic Jewish" guide, "learn about Kabbalah and Moshiach", can "see a handmade-matzah bakery (Dec.- Apr.)", and even get the "discounted shopping at finer Crown Heights merchants and eateries with tour participation". According to some kind of Professor from India, that tour was "The highlight of our U.S. experience."

All I can say is: hurray for Jewish ingenuity!

4 comments:

Sally Hazel said...

LOL! I'm considering a tour...

SubWife said...

They should sell "holy" sheets as souvenirs.

Sally Hazel said...

Subwife, email your suggestion to the headquarters!

SubWife said...

hehe, I just might. I already have a sketch for the advertising camptaign... I want 15% of the proceeds! (at least)