The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Monday, April 08, 2013

NUMBER 300 - WELCOME, BABY NIECE!


This is 300th entry to this blog – gosh, I have been really prolific (insert sarcasm)! But, being specially numbered, this entry is dedicated to my tiniest niece.

Yes, to my everlasting shame, I never posted about her birth before now! So, to rectify my error – I got another niece!! She was born on December 28, beating her oldest sister, Mini Beloved Sibling, by 3 days on the general calendar, but trailing behind her on the Hebrew one – she was due on Chanukah, but took her sweet time coming. As a matter of fact, she took so much time deciding to join us, that medical workers already wanted to assist her – but in the end, she arrived on her own, almost literally at the 11th hour. And, on the side note, her birth convinced me, once again, that even with supposedly decent doctors and nurses, socialized medicine stinks to high heaven.

Her birth was eagerly anticipated by her older siblings and she was greeted with fantastic smiles upon their first meeting. They get upset when she cries, fight over the privilege to hold her, and eagerly assist with the diaper changes. Her big brother was a bit discomfited after finding out that he had another sister – but his smile upon seeing her for the first time was the biggest!

So, here is to you, our beautiful girl, the first member of our family to be born in the Holy Land! We love your delicious chubby cheeks and innocent smiles! May The Heavenly Father bless your fuzzy head and protect it always!

PS: Editor's note – for the lack of better definition, she will be thereupon referred to in this publication as Baby.

1 comment:

Sally Hazel said...

:) Amen.