The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Monday, January 26, 2015

MORNING UPDATE - January 14, 2014

Good Morning, peeps! Happy Tuesday! The weather is on the blah-y side, but at least it is still above freezing. Cats are enjoying the warm spell by being extra frisky - in George's case it shows in being more whiny, and in Sniff's case - more crazy running. He (Sniff) also decided to hunt some barbarians this morning, and for the past couple of days his head is mysteriously smelling of perfume.
Yesterday a costumer had difficulties figuring out how much would a $30 book cost at 50% off. Even after I told her, she asked me to scan it; after I scanned it for her, she bemoaned the fact of us not having self-scanners like in Macy's that would tell exactly how much the item would cost - and these people are allowed to vote!
Currently trending at #1 is Tori Spelling - because she "escaped to Disneyland with kids" while the scandal about her cheating hubby "rages on". Well, Disney really is a magical place that usually lets you forget all your worries - provided, of course, that you have money to afford the magic.
A new youtube sensation explains why a dude was waking up late - it's because his doggy was pushing the snooze button! Sometimes I wish Sniff would chew up my alarm's cord - kitty, did you hear that?
"The new secret to financial security" - elect the government that does not tax you to death.
"The truth about about common nutrition myths" - among them the fact that organic produce "does not pack more nutrients", it's just "better for the environment". Jeepers, I could have told you that a while ago! Fork over some research grants my way!
"The new hot Corvette debuts" - I guess I would have to be a guy in order to understand how a car (any car) could be "hot".
Another breakthrough study - fist bump is a much less germy greeting than a handshake! Who ordered this study - Adrian Monk?!!
"Rare early J. Lo footage" - spare me!
2 pilots from Southwest airline are grounded after landing a plane in the wrong airport - now, that's an achievement!
"Kobe's pricey haircut" - how much does it cost to be bald?!!!
Pope's Harley is for sale - I think a picture of him on Harley in his leather jacket would fetch more money.
Bieber's house was raided by cops over the "egg-throwing incident" - no comment.
And, finally, Kate and Will are searching for a new nanny for Georgie as the current one's contract is almost up - renewing the contract is not in the cards?
Coffee this morning in my Aruba mug.

No comments: