The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

MORNING UPDATE - JULY 23

Good Morning, peeps! Happy Tuesday! The weather is NY July, meaning meh, but not as bad as it could be. George demonstrated his sixth sense again last night when I had to crawl over my bed in order to put on my a/c - next thing I know, the ginger ball is right next to me! Had to disappoint him and inform him that it was not bedtime yet. Now they are sleeping in my room (for a change) - Sniff in the cat house, and George on the window sill next to my desk; it's actually always a surprise to sit by my desk and find him there.
The crazy upstairs is extra diligent today.
The new chapter in the saga of living in barbarian-infested neighbourhood: first my toilet paper was stolen, then a package from Gymboree was stolen from our front door area, and now Baby Bro's Amazon package! I sort of understand the first two, but post-modern poetry?!! I guess the lure of the Amazon box was too much for someone - plus, it helps that our apartment is right next to the elevator.
Guess what's trending at #1 right now? Nope, you are wrong - it's Lisa Kudrow, due to her announcement of not being interested in Friends reunion. A bit cold, Lisa, considering that that show sort of made you.
Now guess what's trending at #2? Wrong again - it's Sandra Bullock, who was talking about filming Gravity and claiming that it was "incredibly scary"; have no idea what Gravity is all about, so can offer no educated comment on this one.
Now guess what's trending at #5? Well, sort of - it's Buckingham palace, which is, of course, besieged by the crowds of crazily happy people - or is it just happily crazy? Or just happy? Or just plain crazy?
So, yes, Mazal Tov to Kate on the birth of a baby boy! - Well, she was the one doing all the work!
The nutty Brits got to enjoy most of their rituals that surround the birth of the heir to the throne - and, surprise, surprise - muslims were quite for a change! (I wonder why)
As I mentioned before, according to some enterprising souls, the baby is a Jew - which, if indeed is true, would be our best revenge on a lot of things and nasty individuals, beginning with Edward I (or maybe even earlier).
The best summary of the events was this morning, when Baby Bro appeared in the kitchen with a totally bewildered expression on his face and asked to clarify what the deal was with that baby - my answer that people basically have no lives seemed to satisfy his curiosity.
Coffee this morning in my striped glass from Target.

No comments: