The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Friday, August 02, 2013

MORNING UPDATE - AUGUST 2

Good Morning, peeps! Happy Friday! Happy Erev Shabat! The weather is NY August meh, but bearable.
Sniff decided last night that the best place to sleep on is Baby Bro's pillow. After he was disabused of that notion, he opted for the cat house. George got into his usual pathetic meow routine in the morning, then we all shared breakfast, and now both of them are snoozing again - George on my bed, and Sniff in the middle of the hallway.
Today would have been my parents' 44th wedding anniversary - to quote my friend Gosha, "life!"
This morning I realized that I missed my last month's freebie from Godiva - again!
Currently trending at #1 is Jodie Sweetin - because she "refuses rehab reports"; why is this #1? #10 I might understand, but #1?
Trending at #2 is Tyra Banks, who, by the looks of it, was talking about adding men to America's Next Top Model - why is this interesting?
Simon Cowell is also in the news due to his affair with his friend's wife (who is now pregnant with Simon's baby) - wow, what a friendship! Move over, musketeers! This is way more manly!
The post office claims that it takes picture of every single piece of mail they process and stores it for up to a month - your tax dollars at work once again.
Members of Taiwanese parliament were brawling before a key vote, punching each other, and throwing water bottles - I think our Congress should start doing the same thing. This way they could at least provide some entertainment.
"Amanda Bynes' Face Transformation Will Surprise You" - there are many other verbs you could use in this situation, but surprise is not one of them.
"Justin Bieber's 'Baby' is officially the best-selling digital song ever" - I weep for our youth.
And, finally, Kate was "spotted" wearing a nursing bra and praised for breastfeeding her baby - here is my question: how could you "spot" a woman's underclothes, nursing or not?
Coffee this morning in my funky clear glass from Target.

No comments: