The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Sunday, August 18, 2013

MORNING UPDATE - AUGUST 18

Good Morning, peeps! Happy Sunday! Shavua Tov! Wishing all of you a fantastic week! The weather is almost back to normal, but still not scorching, which for August is also a yippee moment. George was extra demanding last night, so he ended up with something called "chicken, lobster, and herring delight" on his plate; a combo that, according to Baby Bro, would appeal only to a cat - or to someone who lives on Upper West Side. Sniff made sure his wounds were re-opened yesterday, and is presently sleeping on my bed.
My dad was treated to another lecture on the superiority of Russian culture and the beauty of Pushkin; he, in turn, asked the other party to read some of Shakespeare's sonnets (in original); when I asked why he decided to torture his unsuspecting friend, whose English skills are minimal, my dad responded that listening to the lectures on the superiority of Russian culture is a real torture - and I concur.
According to Channel 7, today is the 40th anniversary of Hip Hop, Gd help us!
Trending at # 1 is Nicki Minaj - because she modeled her own K-Mart collection. I am so staying away from that store!
Trending at # 2: Justin Timberlake, all because he dedicated a song to Trayvon together with Jay-Z - I can sort of understand Jay-Z's usual racism, but not Timberlake's moronism.
"Kylie Jenner's stylish 'Sweet 16' party" - thanks, but, once again, spare me the details.
Willow Smith "stepped out" in tie die t-shirt with matching hair - impeccable taste right here, what can I say.
In other news of fashion: "3 Stars Rock 1 Crazy Print 3 Different Ways" - basically, they showed up in outfits that looked like they were splattered with paint. How is that "rocking"?
According to Twitter, "Justin Bieber kant" spell - what a huge surprise!
And, finally, after 3 weeks of longing at her mother's house, Kate packed up Georgie and her mom and joined Will in their Wales estate - nice to be a Royal and have big enough house to accommodate your mummy-in-law.
Coffee this morning in my blue wine glass from Target.

No comments: