The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Friday, August 09, 2013

MORNING UPDATE - AUGUST 9

Good Morning, peeps! Happy Friday! Happy Erev Shabat! The weather is not bad for NY August. Ladies, I hope you had a nice Rosh Chodesh, did not overburden yourselves with housework, and got presents from your husbands.
Sniff woke me up twice last night by headbutting my shoulders, licking my arms with his extra-rough tongues, and otherwise demanding attention. George just slept by my feet again.
Walk down Court Street brought back strange memories, but, as was alone, no cleansing ritual. Incidentally, shoppers at Trader Joe's in Manhattan are more fun than the ones in Brooklyn, but the food is still good.
Guess who is trending at #1 right now? Whitney Houston - because it looks like it would have been her 50th birthday. No comment.
Trending at #2 is Katherine Heigl, since she is planning to return to TV. I guess she got tired of starring in moronic and raunchy romantic comedies.
Trending at #9 is Scientology, since Leah Remini filed a missing person's report for their leader's wife, and they, in turn, issued a "scathing response" to it. And so the plot thickens.
Poor Oprah experienced a "racist incident" in Switzerland - aw, poor woman! My heart bleeds borsch for you! How does it feel to be on the receiving end?
Miley Cyrus "made a splash" in leather and mesh dress by attending her fiance's movie premiere - so, I guess, the engagement is still on.
Jennifer Hudson was "channeling 'Saved By The Bell'" in her "wacky" dress - as long as she stops yapping about Weight Watchers, I don't give a rat's patootie.
And, finally, New York Magazine re-assured its readers that Kate's official titles are indeed both the duchess and the princess - thanks, NY Mag!
Coffee this morning in my Disney Dalmatian Spots mug.

No comments: