The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

STRANGE TROUSERS

I don't remember when, precisely, did the harem pants burst on the fashion scene - as anyone who knows me personally would attest, fashion is not on my top ten list. But for the last couple of years I have been reading periodic complains from the guys claiming that that is the ugliest piece of clothing they had ever seen, that seeing a woman in it really turns them off, etc., etc., etc.

In this case I have to agree with men. First of all, I really don't know how would any self-respected Westerner use the word “harem” in any kind of positive light, but, I guess, a lot of lefties attach too much mystique and romance to this concept. That, of course, is mainly a topic for another discussion; however, the fact remains – those blessed pants are butt ugly and the women wearing them usually look like they have a full diaper. The only pro argument I can see is that maybe they are super comfortable.

The other fashion item that have been boggling my mind for far longer, however, is what I call “extra long professional pants”. As far as I can see, they were designed to cover the whole shoe in case the wearer also has high heels on – which I, honestly, don't understand. What's with this Victorian urge to cover the feet and the shoes – especially if half the time you get cleavage on top? Not only this, but these pants are usually worn with low heels and flats, in which case they bunch up rather unattractively, collect the dirt from the floors and the ground, and get torn a lot of times. How is that professional attire?


Color me challenged in the fashion department, but I don't get either of these things.

No comments: