The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Saturday, November 09, 2013

MORNING UPDATE - NOVEMBER 6

Good Morning, peeps! Happy Wednesday! The weather is nice and mild for November. Sniff is also unusually mild. George is sitting on the windowsill in front of me and watching the leaves fall.
Congratulations to our fair city on electing a new mayor who represents the best that our worst have to offer - I wonder if in four years we would still be popular with tourists.
Speaking of mayors - Men's Health gave our esteemed Mayor Bloomberg some kind of health innovator award, and the latest issue of Glamour is featuring an interview with his daughter, in which she waxes poetical about the things she learned from her dear daddy. To paraphrase Forrest's mother, stupid is as stupid does.
The crazy upstairs started late yesterday, but made up for it in the noise and the length departments.
Currently trending at #2 is Vivien Leigh - who would have turned 100 just about now. A nice reminder of what a beautiful, talented, and classy actress looked like.
"What your pet is thinking" - if you really know the inner workings of the minds of my pets, I suggest you see a human doctor, usually referred to as "psychiatrist".
Lady Gaga splits with her long-time manager - my heart bleeds borsch for both of them.
"Red carpet looks Swift loves and regrets the most" - oh, give me a break! She is young and extremely photogenic - so the males of the species gobble it all up; and females usually get blinded by the red carpet itself.
LA customs agents found a motorcycle that was stolen in 1967 - my confidence in our law enforcement just skyrocketed.
New trend in wedding gowns - a bikini; still white or off- white, decorated, beaded, embroidered - you name it; plus - the requisite veil! Would be really interesting to show to grandkiddies.
"Justin Bieber Releases Movie Poster for His Fragrance 'The Key'" - I wonder if the brothel sheet is present in that poster.
Coffee this morning in my striped glass from Target.

No comments: