The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Monday, November 05, 2018

MORNING UPDATE December 7, 2012

Good Morning, peeps! Happy Friday! Happy Erev Shabat! It's rainy, but not cold - so, pretty tolerable. George quietly climbed into my bed, and I was pleasantly surprised to to see a mound of ginger fur on my blanket. Curry is making a nuisance of himself by investigating my trash can and trying to hunt the fauna outside. 

Today is the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor - not surprisingly, it is not trending at the top ten. Jessica Alba is trending at # 5 because she turned out not to be pregnant, and there are no news on Kate's pregnancy, although it is still very much on everyone's mind. Bieber is eerily absent again. And, what's more, since the famous Jolie/Pitt engagement, there were practically no news on impending wedding and other trappings - did Brad get cold feet? Lindsay Lohan managed to get to #7, because she is selling her designer wardrobe to the second-hand store in order to raise cash - I honestly feel sorry for her. Gisele and hubby just welcomed their second child into the world - hummm, did they calculate the carbon footprint of that one? Jane Fonda cursed out Faye Dunaway because she wanted to play Bonnie - yea, lady, I am sure the Vietnam vets on whom you spat repeatedly really feel your pain. And, finally, "The Man Who Invented The Frappuccino Has Total Disdain For What American Coffee Culture Has Become" - dude, we should all have your problems!  
Coffee this morning in my San Fran latte mug - ah, the naive time when I couldn't figure out why there were some many male couples around that fair city.

No comments: