The Best Motto

Gd, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannon change
Courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

You woke up this morning - Congratulations! You got another chance!

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

MORNING UPDATE, November 23, 2012

Good Morning, peeps! Happy Friday! Happy Erev Shabat! The nice weather continues to hold - yay, flippies! Hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving - everyone who truly loves our country, that is. 

Demi Moor's divorce is trending at #2 - because it is still not finalized. Demi, my advice - if your husband cheated on you, apply an old Irish remedy - the divorce will be instantaneous after that. Sharon Stone finally sold her house for a big loss - I guess even Hollywood is not always immune to the woes of the rest of the country. Mexican President Calderon wants to change the name of his country in order to get "the united states out of it" - may I suggest he first gets all his great unwashed and criminals out of our United States. And one out of every five guys has a "secret" e-mail account or a cell phone that his significant other knows nothing about - once again I am reminded of an old adage about men having two stages of development: a child and an old man. Another example - Halle Berry's fiance and her ex were allegedly brawling at her house over Thanksgiving - nice. And Michael Phelps was summoned for jury duty, which apparently created a "minor furor" at a Baltimore courthouse - man, people have no lives. And USPS is testing a "premium" service - how about providing a regular service expeditiously and with a smile? 

Coffee this morning in my "Get a Grip" mug that my sis got for me - is has a lot of sagely advice painted on it; the best - "some days you are the dog; some days you are the hydrant".

No comments: